We all have our Facebook faults, as well as finest moments.
Facebook friends who make me facepalm:
- The ones who are always sharing tips/warnings/promos that are so obviously fake you have to wonder if they should ever be allowed within range of a wifi signal.
- The ones who tend to share satirical news items thinking that they’re real news. Most often they are the same people as #1. I just feel that it deserves a separate item because it’s especially cringe-worthy.
- The ones who post status messages in textspeak. Well, I’m just not going to read that. I’m probably not the target audience anyway.
- The ones who are always angry. At every little thing. A little righteous indignation is ok, but constant complaining about First World problems is just making my eyes hurt from all the rolling.
- The one who’s always posting baby pictures. Yes, I am fully aware that sometimes this person is me. Yes, I know there are countless other baby photos in the world and people don’t really need to see another one. No, I will not stop posting baby photos. I will, however, promise to never post baby poop photos, because apparently some people do that although fortunately not on my feed. Eeww, wtf dude.
- I guess this is sort of the mother category of #5. The ones who are always posting about basically the same thing. Food pictures. Workout stats. Rants/raves about a tv show that I don’t watch. The keyword here is “always”. Really, there’s no need to share all of that all the time. Except maybe if it’s related to a particular cause/advocacy, because I do that too.
- The ones posting tv/movie/book spoilers. How. Could. You. Okay I did this once before too, but c’mon. It was Harry Freaking Potter. I sort of assumed everyone knew that – um, nothing, forget it.
- The one who was always posting selfies. Always. But thank God you stopped. Don’t go into relapse now.